The cab of your work truck protects you from the elements, but what about your equipment or cargo that rests in the bed of the truck? Poor weather conditions can exacerbate wear and tear in whatever you are transporting, whether it be tools you need to get the job done or cargo you need to ship to a client.
So what would be the best way to protect your haul so that you don’t have to waste money on tool repair or cargo reimbursement?
Your Pharr truck part and accessories provider, Camco Wheel & Axle, has got the answer you’re looking for – tonneau covers. Today, we analyze what type of tonneau cover would be best depending on your needs.
The Different Types of Tonneau Covers
Choosing the tonneau cover that’s right for you may be a little difficult at first, but hopefully, this guide can shed a little light on which one would work best for you.
Folding covers employ the use of multiple panels — usually made of vinyl or canvas stretched over a metal framing — that fold over the bed of the truck. They provide many benefits, such as:
- Quick access to the bed of the truck by folding the panels on top of each other.
- Efficient design that can fold up neatly against the rear window, providing full access to the bed of the truck.
- Fastening straps that allow you to drive with the cover half or fully open.
- Cost-effective for workers who need an inexpensive tonneau cover.
As the name suggests, a rolling tonneau cover opens and closes by rolling the cover from the tailgate to the cab and vice versa. It benefits people looking for:
- A lightweight cover that won’t add a lot of weight to your truck, helping to save gas.
- A cover that can open or close as much or as little as desired for faster access to the contents within the bed of the truck.
- The most cost-effective option to purchase.
These types of tonneau covers are connected to the part of the bed nearest to the cab. They are opened by tilting the cover up and away from the top of the tailgate. People that buy these type of tonneau covers are generally looking for:
- A durable cover made of a large metal frame covered in canvas or vinyl stretched over.
- Attractive truck accessories as this cover has that sleek, one-piece look.
- An inexpensive cover that offers a lot of security.
Hinged and Roll-Up Covers
These tonneau covers bridge together the best features of a hinged cover and a rolling cover all in one neat package. These covers also:
- Rise from the tailgate end of the bed, providing quick access to the contents within.
- Roll all the way to the back of the cab, providing full access to the bed of the truck.
- Offer flexibility and convenience, but sacrifice a little bit of security when compared to a hinged cover.
The best tonneau covers for your fleet are available at Camco Wheel & Axle.
Come see why we are the Rio Grande Valley’s number one total vehicle solution. Contact us today at (956) 781-4800 to learn about what work truck parts and accessories we have available at unbeatable prices.